Welcome to the HIES Primary School!
The Primary School offers an academically focused, age-appropriate early-childhood program. Beginning with 3-year-olds and progressing through the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten years, students have the opportunity to learn and grow in an environment of love and support, with an emphasis on personal responsibility and service to others.
Our curriculum, based upon our Episcopal identity and built around the Round Square Discovery Framework, offers a strong academic challenge at all Primary School levels, while never losing sight of the fact that children learn best when they know they are in a place where they are known, where they are safe, and where they are loved. While each grade holds its own, unique properties, all are based on these core beliefs:
- That you don’t have to be an adult to be a teacher;
- That every child is a gift from God, and that each has his or her own voice to add to our conversation;
- That children learn best when they are given the opportunity to play, explore, create, imagine, hypothesize, guess, serve and get dirty every day;
- That recess is an essential part of the school day, and that play is the work of children;
- That faith remains a visible thread through the fabric of everything that we do;
- That service to others is essential, and that one is never too young to learn to give of themselves;
- That all human beings, children and adults alike, should be treated with respect and kindness.
Encompassing these beliefs, and guiding our program, is our HIES Mission Statement:
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School develops in students a love of learning, respect for self and others, faith in God, and a sense of service to the world community.
We hope you will take a few moments to explore what makes each Primary School grade unique and special.
At Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School, we believe that education and social-emotional learning continue beyond school hours. For our Primary and Lower School students, we offer a fun and creative after-school care program known as Bears After-School Experience (BASE) as well as weekly After-Class Enrichment (ACE) courses in the areas of athletics, fine arts, and STEAM. Read more