Parents of all current HIES students are members of the HIES Parents’ Association (PA). The PA's events, programs, and operations are run by more than 80 parent volunteers who serve as officers and chairs. Hundreds of parent volunteers sign up to help with various activities from time to time.
The PA is organized around three key areas: Fundraising events, Community Life programs, and Division- and Grade-Level Representatives.
What We Do
The PA supports our school's academic programs, provides "extras" that enrich the lives of our students and parents, and promotes meaningful communication between our parents and Administration. Our Communication, Fundraising and Community Life committees marshal the talents of hundreds of volunteers to make this happen.
Through our fundraising efforts in the 2018-19 school year, we funded special request projects in each school division that directly benefit HIES students, including these fun, engaging, and compelling additions:
- PS playground stage; dry-erase desks and wobble chairs
- LS keyboards for iPads; playground and sports equipment
- Funding for MS experiential learning games and educational speakers
- MS shelving for book nook and recess sports equipment
- Funding for Science Palooza & Global Scholar in Residence
- Funding for US freshman retreat; video cameras for US common areas
- New monkey bars for Traverse climbing wall
- US air quality and weather monitoring system; sound system for Rock and Roll class
- Contribution to state-of-the-art central security monitoring site
The PA also contributed to the Annual Fund and Financial Aid programs. Other important functions of our PA include:
- welcoming new families to HIES
- providing parent representation for each grade and division
- hosting Faculty/Staff Appreciation Luncheons and Teacher Treats breakfasts
- running the Bear WearHouse
- offering Cotillion classes for 6th-grade students
- offering Parent Education Classes
- providing daily fresh fruit for snacks in Middle and Upper schools
- communicating with monthly Grade Level Newsletters, timely posts to our Facebook page and text alerts to highlight time-critical needs and highlight important information.
To get involved or receive more information on volunteer opportunities click here
We welcome parents to get involved with us, join us at our PA General Meetings, and volunteer with us in one or more of our PA activities and events this year!
Shop the Bear WearHouse on Campus for Used HIES Uniforms
Bear WearHouse is your source for gently-used uniforms. Located on the terrace level of Alumni Hall, Bear WearHouse collects current, gently-used uniforms and resells them to parents at significant savings. Uniform items for all divisions and grade levels can be found in stock, and volunteers can assist with selecting the appropriate attire for your student.
Bear WearHouse will be open every Wednesday 7:30-10 a.m. Please note that Bear WearHouse uses the school calendar so if the school is closed Bear WearHouse will be closed.
Donations of clean, used uniforms and spirit wear are always welcome. Clean uniforms and spirit wear can be placed in the bin outside Alumni Hall. Please contact Robin Finley or Wendy Mattson with any questions.
Back again this year, a fantastic opportunity for students in grades 8-12 to earn service hours while helping the Bear WearHouse!
Come join us! Our staff is made up entirely of volunteers, and we would love to have you! Contact us to help during our regular operating hours on Wednesdays during the school year.
Mark your calendars and plan to join us for our 2020-2021 PA Meetings!
- Friday, Jan. 29, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 8, 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 7
All meeting will be held via Zoom at 8:30 a.m. All Zoom meeting will be recorded.
Volunteer (or nominate a friend) for the 2021-22 Parents' Association
The window to volunteer or nominate will run from Friday, Jan. 22 to Wednesday, Feb. 10.
Help HIES earn .5% on most purchases by visiting smile.amazon.com (instead of amazon.com). Just select Holy Innocents’ Parents Association. Same website and pricing, same user name and password to sign in, and it doesn’t affect any of your Prime Membership benefits!