Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking a full-time Middle and Upper School Band Director for the 2019-2020 academic year. The successful candidate will have an eagerness to inspire young people musically and be committed to working as part of a dynamic fine arts team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with superb communication and leadership skills to further develop and manage a comprehensive band department.
HIES is the largest Episcopal Parish independent day school in the country, serving 1,400 students and offers a fully accredited college preparatory program for students age three through 12th
grade. HIES is located
north of downtown Atlanta between I-75 and GA 400.
- Teach the following sections:
- 9th-12th grade Band Class
- Combined 6th/7th/8th grade Symphonic Band Class
- Combined 6th/7th/8th Concert Band Class
- Middle school music appreciation class
- Prepare students for four annual concerts throughout the academic year
- Participate in GMEA and GISA sponsored events
- Provide music for various HIES community events
- Organize and manage curriculum-related field trips
- Support all facets of the performing arts programs
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the School’s code of conduct
- Provide an engaging and positive learning environment that encourages student success
Educational and Other Requirements
- Prior experience teaching band at the middle and/or high school level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Valid Georgia teaching certificate preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated specialty in brass or percussion instruments strongly preferred
- Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, drug testing and safety training required.
Holy Innocents' Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Holy Innocents' Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the school has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.